Tuesday, April 15, 2014

How to make Alcohol Ink

Supplies : 70% Rubbing Alcohol
                 a colored marker
                 needle nose pliers
                  a baby food jar
                 a small spray bottle
                  scissor
                  Funnel
This is probably the easiest Art supply that I have ever made. I put 2 ounces of 70% rubbing alcohol into a baby food jar. I used a needle nose pliers to take apart my marker. I pulled the tip of the marker out and put it into the rubbing alcohol. Next I used the needle nose pliers to take apart the marker, so that I could get to the ink pad inside of the marker. I took the ink pad out of the marker, and cut it into 4 smaller pieces and placed the pieces into the 70% rubbing alcohol. I put the cap on the baby food jar, and let it sit for 2 hours. After two hours, I took the marker pieces out of the baby food jar. I poured the alcohol ink into the spray bottle through a funnel. Then sprayed away. It is just that easy to make alcohol ink. The ink in the bottle looks like a very dark blue, when I sprayed the ink out it was a light blue, the same color as the marker was before I put it into the alcohol. If I want a darker ink, I think that I should put 2 markers into the alcohol, or use less alcohol, maybe only 1 ounce of alcohol for 1 marker. I am for sure going to make more alcohol ink! I am happy with the way that my ink turned out :)



No comments:

Post a Comment