Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Mixed Media Card

To make this Vintage Style card, I put a napkin book page on an index card with Mod Podge. I punched out 3 hearts, with a heart punch& applied the hearts to the page, I also punched out a fleur de lis & added it to the lower right hand corner. I fussy cut the bird out from another napkin book page. I stamped the sentiment onto the one of the ply of the napkin, I added both of the elements to the index card. I found a vintage button that was in my stash and added it to the upper left hand corned. I glued the button onto the card with Glossy accents, to make sure that the button would stay on the card. The index card is 4" x 6", the card that I put the index card on is 5" x 7". It is a white card so I cut a piece of tissue paper from an old Butterick dress pattern, and used Mod Podge to apply the tissue paper to the front of the card. When everything was dry, I went around the hearts, fleur de lis, and bird with a red gel pen to help them stand out a bit more from the background. The sentiment says "It is love that makes the impossible possible", this came from a Dina Wakley stamp set. I am happy with the way that the card turned out. The link to show how to make a napkin book page can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment