Monday, February 15, 2016

Altered Wine Bottle

I bought this wine bottle last summer at a Garage Sale for $2.00. I Loved the Blue color of the bottle, & knew that I wanted to alter it. I have been thinking about how to alter this bottle ever since I got it. Finally inspiration struck. I wrapped burlap tape around it, then put, some Offray trim over the burlap. I cut a heart out of a piece of cardboard & applied some modeling paste to the heart, then painted over the modeling paste with a tiny bit of gold paint,  added a flower & a stick pin to the heart. I die cut & stamped two butterflies, & glued them to the bottle.  Added five of my handmade paper beads to a piece of bakers twine and tied the twine around the top of the bottle. I am happy with the way that my bottle turned out. I am looking forward to putting Zinnia's from my garden in the bottle next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment